Saturday, December 26, 2009

Xmas in Waingaro

Bex and I have just returned from a great 3 days up in the lovely area of Waingaro Springs, in the Mighty Waikato. Bex’s Aunty and Uncle are beekeepers up there and have 3 very talented sons (not to forget their daughter!) who race motocross. Dane, the youngest, raced in the Junior Motocross Worlds earlier this year in Taupo.

I was stoked they had road bikes for us to borrow so I got out for four rides to explore the area, mainly undulating and hilly which kept me on my toes. Bex’s cousins have their own supercross track which was freshly modified. Friday afternoon was spent moving earth to make the biggest jump a little shorter. I don’t have the ability to thrash round on a track like that but I could burn round on their pit bike that had no brakes! Motocross is a sport I have a lot of time for (my younger brother Nathon races in Christchurch) and it was always my dream sport as a kid, I love everything about the sport and still have the desire to buy a bike one day..maybe next year! Yesterday I had a spin on Travis’s RM250 down on the beach, I hadn’t ridden one of those before so was a little nervous waiting for the powerband to give me wack but it wasn’t that bad, I soon relaxed and had a good play round.

Hope everyone had a great Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment